PEAK Jurassic Series Fly and Jig Tying Vise
Finally, something new, revolutionary and really, really BIG!
Our one-of-a-kind drawbar retainer in the Magnum product which features a .200 Wire wide slot to hold far larger hooks than any other device we know to be available for tiers.
The PEAK’s Large Iron Retention System (LIRS) incorporates in the introductory product of our new line, the Jurassic Series. While the application of this technology is new, these products are built large and tough like the dinosaurs that ruled the Jurassic Period.
- Captures and retains hooks more positively than conventional vises which rely on friction to clamp hooks between 2 parallel faces.
- 360 degree rotation for access to all sides of your fly or jig.
- Pivoting head to adjust to various hook bend designs.
- Manufactured from Stainless Steel, CRS, Tool Steel and Brass for maximum durability.
- Hardened Draw Bar and Hook Nest.
- Fast, easy, positive adjustments.
- Durable powder coated Pedestal Base.
- Large Pedestal Base for maximum stability Includes mounting holes for bolting to a bench and integral hook/material pocket.
- Pedestal Base includes two Accessory Post mounting holes for accessories.
- Accepts all the same accessories as the standard vise, such a:
- Waste Catcher
- LED Tying Light
- Tool Post Caddy
- D-Arm - handle extension
- Desktop Organizer
- Accessory Shaft
- Bobbin Cradle
Dateline: 2-11-2015: Jurassic Vise Arrived Today
Folks, I got this from UPS today. I've been staring at it for an hour and I still can't believe what I'm seeing.
This thing is incredible. It weighs just over 13 pounds!
The torque you put on these big hooks is out of this world! For those who must have the biggest, strongest, toughest product in the world, - this is it. It is beautifully machined by the pros at PEAK, thoughtful in design and able to take all the accessories currently available for the standard PEAK Rotary Vise.
Also available in a slightly smaller models (G2 refers to pedestal base),
- JS2-G2 Up to .134 Wire (C Clamp - C1)
- PRVLIRS-G2 Up to .095 Wire (C Clamp - C1)
- Interchangeable Conversion Heads for the JS1 and JS2
Too much vise for you? Try it's little brother: PEAK Rotary Vise
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This has got to be the best vise out today if your tying big flys or big jigs, I'm tying 6/0 thru 9/0 and this vise holds then like a champ with no slipping no matter how rough im tying, all i can say is wow, thanks for one bad ass fly and jig tying machine. . Your friend Dave